Setting off to a campus or college is one of the scariest things one has to do. One is required to resettle in usually a new and unfamiliar place, make new friends and succeed while there is no family to support you. Well it helps to come to terms with the fact that it is normal to be freaked out about college, but no need to worry as this will soon go. Here are some tips on keeping that fear in check:
1. Will I be able to make new friends? Well of course you will meet friends. You do not even have to approach them and introduce yourself. You know why? They are also new and are looking for friends.
2. Who will my roommate be? Well this is an issue you have no control over. However, whoever your roommate is, try to get along with them.
3. Will I be able to do well in my studies? Of course you will if you work hard, study, do your assignments and attend your classes.
4. I might feel homesick. Well, that is a normal feeling. Meeting new friends, studying and calling home once in a while will ease the homesick.
5. How will I balance all the activities in school? A major challenge for all students is time management. Goggle provides some time management skills might do you some good in college.
6. How will I cook and do laundry? When you get to school you will learn about where it is done and when. Meanwhile, try to learn the cooking and laundry skills before going to school.
7. I have never been away from home. If this is your first time away from home you will probably be very nervous and scared. However, joining a club or social group like religious groups, or drama clubs will make you feel more at ease at school.
8. Professors are intimidating people, how will I get help from them? The main reason professors are employed in universities is to teach and assist students so face your fears and ask for help.
9. How will I handle stress in school? There are specific people you can see about stress in college. You can also try yoga groups and gym exercises to help ease the stress.
10. What about my health? There are health facilities in most colleges. Also, there are gyms and fields where you can exercise to maintain your health.